As a general rule, a foreigner may stay in Ukraine for a limited period of time. It is usually 90 days cumulatively within a period of 180 days (with the count of the last period starting from the date of first entry). What should you do next? How can you legally stay in Ukraine, while entering and departing the country freely?
A temporary residence permit in Ukraine is necessary for a foreign national, if you plan to stay more than 90 days. This document is valid for 1 year. You can continuously stay within the territory of Ukraine for the whole duration of validity of the residence permit. This includes the ability to enter and leave the country for an unlimited number of times. After 1 year, you can extend the temporary residence permit for 1 additional year, if you still have purpose for it.
In accordance to the Law of Ukraine "On Legal Status of Foreigners,” the right to receive a temporary residence permit belongs to foreign nationals who arrived in Ukraine for the following reasons:
1. Official work (an additional work permit is needed).
2. Marriage to a citizen of Ukraine (or a foreigner who has a temporary residence permit in Ukraine).
3. Involvement in projects of international technical assistance.
4. Work within a religious organization.
5. Work within the offices or branches of foreign organizations, companies, or banks.
6. Cultural, educational, scientific, and volunteering purposes.
7. Work as a journalist or a representative of a foreign mass media.
8. Students studying at a local university, school, or program.
Also, for those who invest $100,000 or more into a Ukrainian business (a new or existing one), there is a right to apply for a temporary residence permit.
If you have an inquiry regarding temporary residence permits in Ukraine, we strongly recommend that you contact the relocation company, MoveOne (a leader in providing relocation services in Kiev and a partner of All Star Kiev Realty). Professionals from MoveOne will help you through the temporary residence permit process. Contact information for MoveOne is below:
Mr. Zeeshan Wani
+38044 235 8833
Real Estate Services in Kiev